148 days ago
Stop Hunger’s charity partners continue to face unprecedented demand as the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic affects the most vulnerable in our society. With winter biting at our heels, the Foundation will need your support more than ever over the coming months.
This financial year, your donations and fundraising has meant the Foundation has already made £99,000 worth of grant donations to its charity partners, including a recent £5,000 donation to St George’s Crypt in Leeds.
FareShare, one of the Foundation’s main beneficiaries, recently received an £84,000 grant from Stop Hunger UK & Ireland on top of a £40,000 donation made in August on behalf of the global Stop Hunger Endowment Fund.
This recent grant will see 60% of the funds go towards FareShare’s transport budget, with the remaining 40% to be unrestricted, giving the charity flexibility to respond to increased demand as a result of the pandemic. As it currently stands, FareShare’s work has doubled over recent months making the large-scale distribution of nutritious food their biggest challenge.
Your support for Stop Hunger is the reason why donations like these can be made to UK and Ireland charities like Focus Ireland, SSAFA and Social Bite. Did you know...
a £5.00 donation to FareShare could provide a cooked breakfast for 20 young people at an activity club in an area of high deprivation?
with help from Social Bite, £10.00 can pay for six packed lunches for the homeless or vulnerable whilst connecting them to further support and opportunities?
Focus Ireland can use €28 to provide a play and activity pack for a family with young children?
with FareShare’s support, £30 could provide a jacket potato and toppings for 120 people being cared for at a hospice?
€50.00 means Focus Ireland can provide a parent with a baby supply box containing formula, nappies, and other infant essentials?
These figures clearly demonstrate that individual actions really make a big difference to those in our local communities who need it most.
We know this winter will be exceedingly tough on everyone, including the most vulnerable in society, so we’re asking everyone in Sodexo to carry on supporting Stop Hunger where they can.
Sodexo and Stop Hunger provide several options for you to be able to make contributions to the Foundation’s ongoing work in the fight against hunger, including:
Payroll Giving - run through HM Revenue & Customs and administered by Charities Trust, Payroll Giving gives you the opportunity to make simple, tax free donations to any UK registered charity, including Stop Hunger.
Donations are deducted from your gross pay, before tax is deducted giving immediate tax relief. As an example, depending on your tax rate, if you donate £10 per month, you would pay £8 from your net pay and the charity would receive £10. Win-win!
Click here for more information. To register Payroll Giving with Stop Hunger you will need to:
add your Sodexo Employee ID;
add your segment name;
select ‘Standard Payroll Giving’;
choose Stop Hunger as your ‘Nominated charity’.
Your Lucky Number - last year, Sodexo’s employee lottery raised more than £82,000.00 for Stop Hunger with another £86,000 dished out in weekly prizes. For just £1 a week, you will be entered into a weekly prize draw where you can win up to £1,200 every week.
For a chance to win the recently announced double top prize of £2,400 to celebrate Christmas, you must be signed up before Friday 4 December – click here for more information and how to join Your Lucky Number.
Fundraising - of course, you can also make donations to Stop Hunger through your colleagues' fundraising activities, which we encourage everyone to get involved with as much as possible as we enter the festive season.
Thank you to everyone who contributes to Stop Hunger’s success – your individual actions are making a big difference!
Share this story About sharing